Even now, many parents think physical classroom environments are the only place to learn, theoretically and practically. They also presume classroom coaching by a teacher inculcates learning discipline in their wards.
Today, the Internet seems to be changing all that. Students are always on the Internet, exploring, sharing, collaborating and learning. Internet-based learning that is delivered on a student laptop, smart phone or a tablet provides flexi-way of learning – anytime, anywhere and anyway.
Naturally, parents have to start considering virtual or online classrooms as a part of the learning process for students, across all age levels. Here’s how students are benefited by the flexible way of education.
- Flexible Timing – The biggest advantage that online coaching offers over offline classes is the flexibility to choose study hours. Students are not bound to reach classes at a set time and schedule the entire day around the class timings. Online offers flexibility to study at a time suitable to the student. This is especially a boon for students working in part time jobs as it is hard for them to manage time to attend the offline classes.
- Flexibility of Place – Students have the flexibility of studying at a place of their choice. They can choose to sit in that part of their house where they can concentrate best. It can be the study room, balcony, staircase or any other place. Moreover, they wouldn’t miss out on classes even if they are travelling.
- Economical – Undoubtedly online coaching is available at a comparatively affordable rate. Moreover, it also helps one save on other expenses they need to bear for offline classes. It is particularly beneficial for the students who require relocating to a different place to seek the best kind of coaching.
- Time Saving – It goes without saying that online coaching helps save a lot of time. For instance, IIT-JEE is a difficult exam to crack and a lot of time is required for studying and researching rather than wasting an hour or more in just commuting to the offline class.
- Flexibility of Pace – It is a fact that the syllabuses are too complex and one might end becoming an expert in a part of the portion while remaining weak in the other. Online coaching allows one to study at their own pace while offline classes follow a set schedule and cannot be customized keeping one caliber in mind.
This flexible way of education not just benefits students, but faculties as well. Here’s how.
- Conduct classes across multiple time zones – Using the internet as a classroom provides the instructor the ability to take classes for students from across multiple time zones, without having to travel. This allows instructors more opportunities to teach and is especially valuable for training offered by professional organizations.
- Saves Time – Online platforms help in administering some of the sensitive areas of a classroom. Online assignments are purely time-based projects, which help students develop their time management skills. With technology evolution at its peak, a recorded documentation of interactions i.e. question and answer sessions and a lot more are stored in the servers. This reduces the hassles associated with face to face instruction.
- 24X7 access to learning resources – Instructors have 24×7 access to business research, online journals, magazines and e-books. These are valuable resources, not just for course delivery, but also for the instructor’s other professional endeavors and personal growth.
- Encourages continuous feedback – Online institutions typically offer continuing education sessions throughout the year, providing facilitators and trainers opportunities for skill enhancement in areas such as providing feedback, problem-based learning, managing students that need utmost attention and critical thinking. These sessions are almost always held online and can be attended at the convenience of the instructor. This is in addition to faculty tips, bulletins and other memos that are sent to faculty and retained in online newsgroups.
- Personal skill enhancement – From the personal front, faculties can expand their ambit of teaching and enlighten a lot of students across the globe with their expertise.
It seems with online education students can finally learn, anywhere, anytime and anyway.